Although Fall is our favorite time of the year, we are still sad to say goodbye to summer :( We miss the vacations, boating, warm summer nights and most of all the WARM weather! We kicked the fall off with Brendan's birthday, always a big event. He turned 23 this year, he sure is getting up there ;) Since his birthday was on Wednesday and he has school ALL day we decided to celebrate it with our families on Tuesday. Famous Dave's was doing a SUPER sweet deal, if your name is Dave then you get a free meal and if your middle name is Dave (or David in Brendan's case) you get your meal for half price. So of course we decided to go there, it was pretty awesome because my father in law got his meal for FREE too!! They even had them wear little name tags that said, "Hello. My Name is DAVE. Ha I loved it!
We hadn't been there in awhile so we were way excited and their barbecue is SO yummy. Brendan got the ribs and I got the 2 meat meal, chicken and wings. It was so good. Geeze all this talk about food is making me hungry! :) Anyway, since we weren't sure if we would be able to do cake and ice cream that night we just decided to open presents there. My parents gave him a really nice back pack, which he really needed for school and some fun things inside it. His parents gave him some money, which it ALWAYS nice. I figure that way you can buy what you want and not have to worry about exchanging it or a different size etc... As for my presents I did it in two parts, I had a present for him to open with everyone, then one for just the two of us. The one with everyone was a movie he has really been wanting; Clash of the Titans, some cologne and Hi Chew candy. (its a Hawaii treat, sort of and Brendan LOVES it)
PART 2 of Brendan's birthday. He had school that morning until 12:30 and conveintly (or however you spell it) I had a work meeting, so it worked out nice. After we both got done with our things, I picked Brendan up at school and we went to lunch as Chili's, one of his favorites. After lunch we went to the mall, Brendan wanted to buy a few shirts with the money from his parents. Aeropostale was having a sale so he was able to get some nice ones for pretty cheap. He had quite a bit left over, so he decided he wanted to get some protein stuff from GNC. Then being the wonderful hubby that he is, he let me drag him through Quilted Bear for an hour. He was such a trooper!!
After our little trip to the mall I took him back to school and got ready for our BIG night. I found this really cute gift idea from one of my FAVORITE websites. I am pretty much addicted to it. You can find the gift idea here http://thedahlingdatingdivas.blogspot.com/2010/07/five-senses-gift.html I decided to go the extra mile and get chocolate covered strawberries from Zupas Cafe and I got rose petals and made a trail from the door just outside our bedroom leading to the bed with his 5 senses gift. I really loved this gift idea. And it was super easy, you take each of the 5 senses; touch, taste, smell, sound and sight. Then you get a gift with each one. Then you print off cute tags with sayings, I got those from the dating divas website, they were super cute and were all made up which made it a quick project for me. After I finished with the gift I put it in a cute bag and placed it right in the middle of the bed. It was probably the funnest project I have done yet!







And this is how it turned out! Once again you can find this SUPER cute idea and TONS more here http://thedahlingdatingdivas.blogspot.com/2010/07/five-senses-gift.html

He found THIS trail of rose petals leading to a surprise! 





And WAH-LA this is what he found! :)
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Goodbye Summer...HELLO FALL!!
Posted by Brendan & Lindee at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I was getting a little nervous there for a minute. I thought the last picture on your post was going to be of you wearing your birthday gift to Brendan :o)
I was getting a little nervous there for a minute. I thought the last picture on your post was going to be of you wearing your birthday gift to Brendan :o)
You wish!! I saved that part for later ;)
Post a Comment